The Storm after the Calm

In a complete reversal to the weekend of fun we had, today has been difficult 

And it really had nothing to do with Pickle. I suffer really badly with PMT and the pain (and the mood) that comes with it. Every month I have to take a combo of paracetamol and ibuprofen, regularly throughout the day to just get through and I get in such a state that actually all I want to do for 2, sometimes 3, days is go to bed, pull the duvet over my head and hug my scolding hot water bottle to ease the pain away. But I can’t do that any more. I have a daughter who is, gladly, on the go all the time. She’s so busy sometimes that I wonder if she shouldn’t be being paid for whatever task she’s up to! She’s busier than me most of the time. But, of course, this means I can’t wallow in self pity and weep with the pain I feel every single month!

I always knew this may be my sticking point and I’d discussed with Daddy P the plan to counteract this which included starting to take the pain killers before it even starts. But sometimes I’m just not in enough time and that’s what happened today. I woke up at 7:00 in agony so headed straight downstairs to down the pills. Too late, I’ve been in agony all day. I’ve slept twice, during both of Pickles naps and I’m still exhausted! She woke up whining and not on top of her world too so we both ended up grumpy and snappy, at one point she actually shushed me because I told her off for whining. She puts her finger to her lips and “shushes”! Quite funny really.

Anyway, during our first nap my mum and dad turned up, invited but early, and I answered the door, snapped at them, went to get Pickle up who’d been whining for 10 minutes and brought her down to see her Nanny and PaPa and her whole attitude changed…..and so did mine, eventually. She always loves to see them and seeing her so relaxed and content with them relaxes me so we ended up having a good chat and then had lunch and cups of tea.
A bit later I put Pickle to bed and mum and dad left so I went to bed and slept for another hour. I woke up feeling dreadful again but Pickle woke up feeling good (I could tell) so that made me feel better. It wasn’t long before Daddy P was home and we were all together again. I gave Pickle her tea, gave her a bath and put her to bed with no issues.

She’s an absolute star really and I need to see through the hazy mist that is PMT. It is the one thing that, potentially, could be a real issue and when you can no longer curl up in a ball and shut the world out its harder than ever before. So I’m stocking up with paracetamol, ibuprofen and a whole load more patience once a month for a week! Oh and the chip shop chips and massive galaxy bar helped tonight too!

PMT food heaven!  




© 2013 All Rights Reserved

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.